December 04, 2020
We've been intrigued by the benefits of table tennis for a while here at Ping Pong Duty and want to share how good the sport is for your health.
Benefits of table tennis as an exercise
Many people set new goals at the beginning of the year as they reflect on what they want to accomplish for the new year. Setting healthy goals and getting back in shape is a great goal as you prepare yourself mentally to achieve your goals.
Believe it or not, table tennis has so many benefits for your mental strength, fitness, and endurance .In addition, practicing ping pong is a very fun activity with which you will be able to practice with your friends or family.
Top 10 health benefits of ping pong / table tennis
Whether you play doubles or singles, table tennis or ping pong can be a fast-paced competitive sport. In fact, when played at an intense pace, it can be a great way to burn calories and get fit.
Here are the top 10 health benefits if you play the game of table tennis, according to Health Fitness Revolution:
- Playing improves hand-eye coordination and stimulates mental alertness, concentration, and tactical strategy. This makes it the perfect game for youngsters to sharpen reflexes and for older people to refine tactics and movements.
- Develop mental acuity. Ball speed, spin, and placement are crucial in table tennis, and players with a lot of practice are highly skilled at both creating and solving puzzles involving these three attributes.
- Improve reflections. Due to the nature of the game, with high pace and short distance actions, fine and gross or primary and secondary motor skills are improved. The game is distinguished by bursts or bursts of effort and recovery, leading to muscle development. fast twitch.
- It is good for the joints. If you've had knee surgery, have back problems, or sprained ankles, try table tennis. It's a great way to improve the strength of your legs, arms, and torso muscles without straining your joints.
- Burns calories. A person weighing about 70 kilos can burn 272 calories playing table tennis for an hour. Considering the fact that sport is entertaining and addictive, it can be a fun and easy way to burn calories.
- A great way to socialize and bond. Whether you play in the center of your community or at home with friends, table tennis offers a great way to bond with other people while losing weight. Because young and old can play, it can help improve communication and build relationships, regardless of age. Playing at home with siblings or parents can bring family members closer together and allow them to spend more quality time with each other.
- Keeps the brain in shape. Alzheimer's Weekly reports a clear increase in motor skills and cognitive awareness playing table tennis, following a series of preliminary clinical studies in Japan that found that table tennis markedly increases blood flow to the brain and possibly even prevents dementia .
- Improves coordination. Following the ping pong ball as it moves rapidly toward you, and following its path as your opponent hits it helps improve hand-eye coordination.
- Improves balance. Staying balanced and being able to change direction quickly are the key to being successful at a ping pong game point. This is especially important for older people.
- It stimulates several different parts of the brain. When anticipating an opponent's blow, a player uses the prefrontal cortex for strategic planning. The aerobic exercise of the physical activity of the game stimulates the hippocampus, the part of the brain that is responsible for allowing us to form and retain long-term facts and events.
Table tennis against obesity
Today there is a clear problem with regard to health in developed countries. Obesity statistics show that obesity levels have doubled since 1993 from 13.2% of the adult population to 26% in the UK. Obesity in children has also increased from 4 to 5 years old, increasing 0.2% to 9.5% and the age 10-11 increasing from 17.5% to 19.1%.At this rate, we will have ¼ of children in the obese category before they reach high school and potentially 1/3 adults could be obese.
The game of ping pong proves the opposite:
Studies show that when schools or organizations incorporate ping-pong tables, obesity levels decrease, mental and physical health increases and so does productivity.
Combine table tennis with a healthy diet can get fit in terms of physical health and mental well as fun!
Table tennis for fat loss
Losing weight is not as easy as playing table tennis, unfortunately. Your diet must be structured and the calories consumed must be less than the caloric maintenance. In simple terms, caloric maintenance means the number of calories your body needs to function during the day.
An example would be that your maintenance calorie is 2000 calories and you eat 2500 calories per day. This gives you a surplus for the day, which means you will add fat. There are about 8,000 calories in a kilogram of fat, so exceeding non-active caloric maintenance by 500 calories a day will mean adding half a kilogram of fat every 7 days.
You can increase the rate of fat loss and muscle recovery by consuming protein powder or simply increasing your protein intake. A flexible diet is something you should consider adopting.
One way to deal with it is this:
You should consume (for an average person)less than 2000 calories a day to lose weight, this can be by eating less or eating 2000 calories or a little more and then adding physical activity to burn calories, which means that you will end the day with a deficit caloric.
Table tennis can be played by anyone. The game is super easy to play and it is easy to become a good player. It's fun, and it has many health benefits.
Below you can see the list of 29 health benefits of ping pong.
The 29 health benefits of ping pong
1. Improve reflexes
2. Burns about 300 calories per hour
3. Requires short bursts of energy, very similar to high intensity interval training
4. Improves balance
5. Improves cardiovascular health
6. Improve strategic thinking
7. Improve decision-making skills
9. Develop friendships
10. Improve eyesight
11. Improves short-range vision
12.Activates many areas of the brain simultaneously
13. Prescribed to the elderly to help with Alzheimer's disease
14. Improve productivity
15. Promotes social and recreational interaction
17. Extends life in elderly patients
19. Extremely safe and long term
20. Strengthens the torso muscles of the body
21. Increase alertness
22. Strengthens the muscles in general
23. Increase motivation (work, school, etc.)
24.Increases blood flow
25. Improves joint health
26. Improves explosive strength
27. Improves grip strength
28. Increase your resistance levels
29. It's fun and easy to play
Hope you found this list useful. As you can see, the benefits of playing table tennis are incredible. It has been described as the best mental sport and fast-moving chess.
Playing table tennis for 30 minutes a day will greatly improve your physical and mental abilities. Many top executives now recognize that table tennis can improve productivity and friendships within the workforce. For Any Information regarding to table tennis or ping pong playing of benefits you can always visit our website Ping Pong Table #1 Destination For All your Queries !
November 23, 2020
Many people love to do their physical exercise in a gymnasium; it is a place where people pay some amount as the subscription fees and can use various machines to do their physical exercise. However, many people debate over the issue of whether exercising in a gymnasium is more effective and efficient or playing ping pong can help you more.
Both the activities can carry their separate value, but still, there are some points on which a comparison can be made. Below you will get to know about the various facts that can help you ion determining that which is best for you gymnasium or ping pong!:-
Ping pong, better known as table tennis, is a game where two or four players play against each other. You can highly relate the game with lawn tennis, but the difference that needs to be noticed is that table tennis is played on a long table using small rackets and balls. It is a game that requires both physical as well as mental strength and carries a lot of benefits. Have a look over some of them:-
- Keeps you active: ping pong keeps your body active in many ways. It helps people to maintain their body and keep it fit and fine. By following ways:-
- Develops mental stability: an activity that involves spin, speed, and placement all together; in short, it requires mental stability.
- Helps to maintain reflexes: in this game, you need to stay alert and use reflex actions in the best possible way while hitting the ball.
- Hand-eye coordination: ping pong is played with hands, but your hands can only perform well when you use your eyes efficiently.
- Keeps the joints active: all the joints in your body require movement to help you keep them lubricated and work properly. When a person plays ping pong, it will gradually help them in achieving it.
By now, you are able to see that the ping pong game is actually helping you to keep your body fit and fine. Moreover, you can also see that you are able to get all those activities together that you can get from a gymnasium.
A gymnasium is a place where several people go on a regular basis to keep themselves fit and for bodybuilding. It is a place where several machines are installed that can help the person to stay fit. Have a look over the points that are arranged with the gymnasium.
- A place to work out:- gymnasium is a place where anyone can come to do various types of exercise and for work out.
- Subscription:- a person who wants to become a member of the gym or wants to work out in the gym will have to pay some amount as the subscription fees. The person cannot get admission till they pay the fees.
By now, you have gone through some of the points that create a difference in gymnasium and ping pong game, and you can make a better choice from it.
It is pretty clear that a person can stay active and fit when playing ping pong rather than going to the gymnasium for exercise. For Any Information You Can Always Visit The Ping Pong Beast #1 Destination for your all Queries .
October 08, 2020
Ping Pong is all about techniques, speed and proper equipment. If you are sure about your sport, you need to be serious about having the right stuff for it as well. This takes us right to having the best ball for Ping Pong as well. Even for the options for balls you have to have three kinds- Training Balls, Competition Balls and Recreational Balls. You need to choose the right ball according to your level of playing.
This article will provide you with guidelines to choose the perfect kind of ball for you.
Changes to Ping Pong Balls Over The Years
There have been two huge changes to the Ping Pong balls over the past 20 years. First is the changing of the ball size from 38 mm to 40 mm. The size was changed to make it more visible and appealing to the viewers. The larger ball, although spins less and also possesses a lesser speed.
Secondly, the ball was changed from celluloid to non-inflammable plastic in the year 2014-2015. These balls are also said to be a bit bigger than the 40 mm balls, but the most significant change is about the material of the ball.
If you are playing Ping Pong for competitions you need to vouch for the plastic ones. The best way to know if you have the right ball is to check for the 40+ mark in the ball. This will ensure that you have a new plastic ball. If there is no such mark, you have got the old celluloid ball. We Give Best Advice About Ping Pong Visit Our Ping Pong Beast .
Some of the best new plastic balls are JOOLA Prime 40+, Nittaku Premium 40+ and Xushaofa 40+. Yet again, the choices may vary.
If you are passionate about Ping Pong and wish to improve your game, you need to have a set of training balls for sure. It will save your time as you won’t have to go and pick up the ball every time it falls away. Having a box full of balls will serve you with multi-ball training and you can have a lot of solo-service sessions. Two of the training balls that have been adored through years are JOOLA Magic training balls and Gewo Training Club balls.
Balls For Recreational Purpose
If it’s just for fun, you need not think much about the material of the ball. Any Ping Pong ball would do for that matter. What you need to do is to stay away from low-quality balls that cannot last much. Buy any ball with a bit of durability and come under your budget and you are good to go.
Sports can either be a total passion or just a matter of fun. Your attitude towards your game would define the kind of equipment you would be needing for the same. If you are serious about Ping Pong and wish to take it ahead with you, you possibly need to have balls and other equipment that would aid your game and make you better eventually. Go for training in the beginning and choose competition balls as your game grows. If it’s just a recreational purpose with which you are playing Ping Pong you need not go for any of these, any ball would do.
41 queries taking 0.0287 seconds, 69 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.